Wood Pressed /Cold Pressed Oil
Oils of different types produced in a natural way using a wooden press is known as Wood Pressed or Cold Pressed Oil. In Tamil it is popularly known as ‘ Mara Chekku Ennai ‘ The arrival of refined oil in the last few decades reduced the use of the wood pressed oil except in a few traditional villages. But in recent times Wood Pressed Oil has made a comeback,because of the adverse health caused by the usage of refined oil.
The traditional method of wood or cold pressed oil involves no external addition of heat. The oil seeds are crushed in the wooden axis and most of the heat generated is absorbed by the wooden axis itself. No external solvents are added during process and this helps the retention of molecular nature of the oil .
Though the yield is less it is far more healthier. Pure wood / cold pressed oil is not refined , processed, or deoxidised . It is rich in antioxidants which boosts immunity. They retain all their flavour , aroma and nutritional value . Major nutrients extracted from these seed oils are usually zinc , magnesium, iron and calcium . Groundnut oil/ Peanut oil, Coconut oil and Sesame oil are some of the popular Wood pressed/ Cold Pressed oil used in our everyday life .
Aathithya Herbal with a noble intention of creating a healthy lifestyle provides you the benefit of using these popular wood / cold pressed oils .
Wood / Cold pressed Coconut oil
• Primarily used for cooking food in Southern India for its anti viral, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties .
• Has high level of antioxidants.
• Retains natural and pure taste of coconut oil
• Free from additives
• Has some nutrients like medium chain fatty acids or triglycerides. Three types of disease fighting , immunity boosting acids called lauric, capric, and caprylic have anti microbial, anti bacterial qualities protects the skin from harmful elements in the environment.
• Increases good HDL cholesterol
• Great skin softener. Helps get rid of dry skin conditions.
• Can be used like a mouthwash in a process called oil pulling. Kills harmful bacteria.